Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Chunky Aubergine and Chickpeas with Fresh Basil
2-3 aubergines, cut into medium-sized cubes
1 tin organic chickpeas in water (without added sugar or salt), drained
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat quite a lot of olive oil in a heavy pan and add the aubergines.
2. Fry until browned all over.
3. Reduce the heat. Season with pepper and salt and add the garlic and chickpeas.
4. Cover and cook over a very low heat until the aubergines are completely tender.
5. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and scatter with torn basil leaves.