Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Caramelised Courgettes and Sweet Peppers
2 sweet red peppers, halved, cut widthways and cut into thin strips
2 courgettes, halved lengthways and cut into diagonal slices
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1-2 tbsp fresh marjoram, leaves picked off
freshly ground pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy frying pan or saucepan and add the courgettes and peppers.
2. Fry over a high heat, stirring regularly, until the vegetables are browned and lightly caramelised.
3. Turn down the heat. Add the garlic and season with pepper and salt.
4. Keep cooking at a low heat with or without a lid until the vegetables are tender.
5. Sprinkle on the freshly picked marjoram and mix in lightly.
6. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately or at room temperature.