Tuesday, 27 April 2010
It's asparagus season and in the UK, it's all about green asparagus. I just love that stuff and eat it several times a week during its short season.
200 g asparagus per person
extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon or lime
1. Bend the asparagus spears until they snap - discard the bottom bit. That way you won't have any woody bits.
2. Wash and carefully pat dry.
3. Place in one layer into a roasting tray. Season with pepper and salt and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Roast in a preheated oven at gas mark 7 for about 20 minutes until the spears are tender and lightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice. Serve either hot or at room temperature.