Another FastFeast to start the week with. If you have some left-over rice - great. If not, it can still be quick using any variety of white as it'll only take 10 minutes to cook. Preparation for this takes minutes, the cooking time takes a little longer but for the most part this can happen on its own.
2 vine tomatoes per person
pesto, shop-bought or home-made
freshly ground pepper
1. If necessary, boil some rice. Mix the rice with pesto.
2. Cut the top off the tomatoes and set aside to use as a lid. Core the tomatoes and discard the seeds. Optionally season the inside of the tomatoes with pepper and salt. Stuff with pesto rice and put the 'lids' back on. Drizzle with a little oil.
3. Lightly oil an oven-proof dish and spoon some rice into it. Place the tomatoes onto the rice base, pressing them in so they don't fall over. Cover with tin foil and cook in a pre-heated oven (200°C/gas mark 5) for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, turn up the heat a notch and bake for another 5 minutes to brown.
4. Meanwhile season the fish with pepper and salt and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Cover the rack of the grill pan with tin foil and lightly oil. Place the plaice skin side down onto the tin foil.
6. Preheat the grill and grill the plaice at a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until done. You'll know the fish is cooked when it comes away easily from the skin.
7. Either serve each portion with a lemon wedge or squeeze some lemon juice over the fish. Serve on warm plates with the stuffed tomatoes and some additional rice and a crispy salad.