Sunday, 6 March 2016
Rocket, Orange and Avocado Salad
vegetarian carbonara, which I was going to acccompany with a rocket salad. That's when I discovered two very ripe avocados and decided to try something a bit different. Ordinary oranges will work well with this recipe.
1 bag unwashed wild rocket (approx. 100 g)
1 ripe avocado
2 (blood) oranges
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil (EVO)
1 tsp orange marmalade, optional
1. Make the dressing. Squeeze one of the oranges. Add salt, pepper, balsamic, EVO, orange juice and marmalade, if used, to a bowl and whisk together.
2. Wash and spin the rocket. Place into a salad bowl.
3. Peel the second orange and chop into the segments. Add to the rocket.
4. Cut the avocado in half, twist and separate the two halves. Gently squeeze the half that contains the stone so it drops out. With a teaspon, scoop out the flesh in chunks straight into the salad bowl.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and serve immediately.