Monday, 10 October 2011
Spaghetti with Tiger Prawns
200-250 g spagetti
16 tiger prawns, cooked or uncooked
1 garlic clove, very finely sliced or coarsely grated
1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1/2 lime
a few basil leaves, finely sliced
extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the spaghetti in salted water according to packet instructions.
2. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the prawns and season with pepper and salt. Sautee the prawns until they're cooked and very lightly browned. (Sautee cooked prawns just for a minute or use them simply at room temperature.) Squeeze over some lime juice and remove from the pan and place on kitchen towel.
3. Once the pasta is finished, drain.
4. In the pasta pot, heat a some olive oil and sautee the garlic and chilli at a low temperature to soften.
5. Add the spaghetti and prawns. Mix and check the seasoning.
6. Drizzle with the remaining lime juice. Sprinkle with the basil and serve immediately.