Friday, 12 November 2010
Cream of Mushroom Soup
This is a light soup and ideal for a starter.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
500 g of flat mushrooms, halved and sliced
0.8-1 l vegetable stock
extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
herbes de Provence
freshly chopped parsley
soured cream or crème fraîche
1. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté over a low heat for about 5 miutes stirring regularly to prevent browning.
2. Add the herbes de Provence and continue sautéing for another 3-5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, heat some oil in a frying pan and lightly brown the mushrooms. Season with pepper.
4. Add the mushrooms to the saucepan and pour in the stock.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and purer the soup.
7. To serve add a generous dollop of soured cream or crème fraîche to each serving and sprinkle with the parsley.