Monday, 7 June 2010
Asparagus and herb omelette
4 organic eggs, lightly beaten
a good handful of mixed fresh herbs, e. g. basil, chives, coriander, parsley
100 g steamed asparagus, cut into 3 cm long pieces (before adding lime or lemon juice)
1/2 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Preheat the grill.
2. Beat the eggs and season with pepper and salt.
3. Pour the eggs into the frying pan and cook for a minute before adding the herbs, asparagus and chilli, if used.
3. Cook until the underside of the omelette is golden brown.
4. To finish place the frying pan under the hot grill for a minute or two until the omelette puffs up and is lightly coloured.
Serve hot or cold.
Just can't resist but have to publish a photo of this pretty (and tasty) herb omelette with borage flowers.