Monday, 29 March 2010
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes: The easiest tomato sauce ever
This is so simple and quick to assemble and tastes so delicious. We use it as a tomato "sauce" with pasta, as a side dish with fish and serve it hot or cold.
Basic pasta sauce for two people:
350 g cherry, cherry plum or cherry vine tomatoes
freshly ground black pepper
1/2-1 level teaspoon of brown sugar
2-3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
extra virgin olive oil
1. Place half of the garlic in a roasting tray and add the tomatoes on top.
2. Season and sprinkle with the remaining garlic and the sugar.
3. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at full whack for 20-30 minutes or until some of the tomatoes start to brown.
5. Remove vines if used.
Serve with pasta and optionally freshly grated parmesan.
1. Add some dried herbs: oregano, basil, herbes de Provence, a bayleaf or similar
2. Add fresh herbs, for example a sprig of thyme, oregano, marjoram
3. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil before serving.
4. Drizzle with a couple of teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.