Sunday 12 May 2013

Sorrel Pesto




Readers of this blog know that I love pesto. I try all different kinds of ingredients and so far they've all turned out to be extremely tasty. Yesterday, I spent some me time having one of my weekend cookathons during which I prepared three different kinds of wild flower pesto: sorrel pesto, ground elder and dandelion blossom pesto.

2 large handfuls of sorrel leaves
1 small handful of freshly grated parmesan
1 small handful of roasted cashew nuts, chopped
1 garlic clove, squashed
freshly ground black pepper
sea salt
extra virgin olive oil as needed

Wash the sorrel, spin and combine with all the ingredients in a food processor or the beaker of a handheld mixer and blitz. Transfer into sterilised screw-top jars, top up with olive oil to seal and screw on the lid.

1 comment:

  1. Meine große liebe - Sauerampfer, und mein größter Gartenrebell - Girsch!
    Vielleicht schaffe ich ihn mit diesem Rezept zu bändigen. LG, Éva

    ReplyDelete