Friday 25 January 2013

Bread with Red Pepper Pesto



Even after more than 20 years in the UK, I still miss German bread so in 2003 I acquired a bread maker. I didn't like the look or the cost of the machines available here so my cousin brought over from Germany. When I needed to bake a fresh bread yesterday, I consulted the leaflet that came with that very first bread maker. However, nothing was quite what I had in mind so I improvised a bit with some left over red pepper pesto and the result is very tasty. I can actually taste the sweetness of the roasted peppers as well as the fennel seeds.



400 ml luke warm water
1.5 tsp brown sugar
2.5 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp red pepper pesto
590 g strong white bread flour
200 g wholemeal wheat flour
11 g dried yeast.

Add all the ingredients in the above order into he breadmaker and bake as regula bread (menu 1 on my machine).

No comments:

Post a Comment