shredded winter salad.
1 packet of filo pastry
4 yellow carrots, approx. 250 g
1/2 Abate pear
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
100 g goats cheese
freshly ground black pepper
a good handful of fresh herbs (flat parsley, tarragon, dill)
150 ml soured cream/crème fraîche/Schmand
150 ml yoghurt
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp cumin (ground toasted whole cumin seeds)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Place your first filo sheet(s) on a baking tray or pizza tin, brush with olive oil, then add the next layer. Continue until all the pastry has been used up.
2. Mix the yoghurt, soured cream, pepper, salt, cumin, tomatoe puree and herbs and spread the mixture onto the filo pastry.
3. Peel and cut the carrots into 1-2 mm thick slices (I used the food processor for this) and slice the onion. Sauté in a little olive oil for 4-5 minutes. Season with a little pepper and salt. Scatter on top of the cream mixture.
4. Quarter and core the pear but leave the peel on. Cut into 2 mm tick slices and place onto the tart.
5. Cut the goats cheese into 2-3 mm thick slices and place onto the tart as well. Drizzle each slice with a tiny wee bit of olive oil
6. Bake at 200° C for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven.