Sunday, 21 October 2012
Baby Courgette, Chorizo and Dolce Latte Pasta Bake
I admit it. I am currently crazy about chorizo. However, leave out the chorizo and this is a fab vegetarian pasta bake.
8 baby courgettes
1 red chilli
50 g chorizo
250 ml semi-skimmed milk
1 garlic clove
freshly ground black pepper
75 g dolce latte
1 heaped tsp flour cold water
200 g pasta
1. Cut the baby courgette in half lengthways. Half and deseed the chilli and finely slice.
2. Boil the pasta in lightly salted water for about half the time it says on the packet. Drain the pasta and place into an oven-proof dish.
3. Make the sauce by pouring the milk into a small saucepan, crumble and add the dolce latte. Season with pepper. Squeeze in the garlic. Heat slowly.
4. Put 1 heaped tsp of flour into a cup or similar and add 1-2 tbsp cold water. Mix using a whisk. Add to the cheese sauce and bring to the boil stirring regularly so the sauce won't burn.
5. At the same time, sauté the sliced chorizo, chilli and courgettes (cut-side down) for a minute or two until lightly browned. Remove and place onto kitchen towel to drain.
6. Add the chorizo, courgettes and chilli to the oven-proof dish, mix with the pasta and pour over the sauce. Cover with tin foil and bake at 200°C/gas mark 5 for 45 minutes. The pasta will have absorbed most of or all of the sauce. Serve with a tomato, cucumber and pomegranate salad.