Monday, 13 December 2010
Roasted Pepper Soup
3 peppers, if using mixed peppers no more than one green pepper
8 cherry vine tomatoes
4 small garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 small red chilli, halved and deseeded
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 l vegetable stock
1. Quarter and core the peppers. Season with pepper. Place skin-side up into a roasting tray.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes and chilli.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic.
4. Roast at full whack for about 30 minutes or until the peppers and tomatoes start to brown.
5. Transfer all veg except the garlic into a saucepan.
6. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin and add to the saucepan.
7. Pour the boiling vegetable stock over the veg.
8. Purée, check seasoning and serve.